This article describes the automatic installation of i-doit. All the required configuration steps are executed on a newly installed GNU/Linux operating system and i-doit is installed. Additionally, Cronjobs, backups and other useful CLI tools are included. Only the execution of a script is required for this purpose.
✔ Installation of software packages
✔ Configuration of software packages
✔ Installation of i-doit
✔ Set-up of Cronjobs
✔ Set-up of backups
✔ Set-up of Restore
- The system requirements have to be fulfilled. An exception is the LAMP stack (Apache Web Server, MariaDB/MySQL, PHP).
- One of the supported GNU/Linux operating systems is installed freshly. We recommend Debian GNU/Linux 10 "Buster".
- The system can access i-doit packet repositories and web services via an internet connection.
The installation is carried out by a script which is executed on the operating system.
The following steps are carried out via the command line. For this purpose, you can connect, for example, via SSH. Afterwards, you download the script and enable its execution:
The scipt has to be executed with
root rights. If
sudo is available:
Alternatively, you log in as
The script asks several questions regarding the configuration. For all questions there are predefined answers which you can accept by pressing
- Installation of a valid license (only i-doit pro)
- Follow the tips regarding security and protection
- First steps with i-doit