Share information between i-doit and Check_MK
i-doit is a Web application for IT documentation and a CMDB (Configuration Management Database). This application is very useful to collect all your knowledge about the IT infrastructure you are dealing with.
Check_MK is a software application for network monitoring.
Together both applications do one job very well: collecting and sharing knowledge about what is the current state of all your hosts and services in real-time and in which state each host and service should be. This is often essential for a professional and efficient IT service management (ITSM).
idoitcmk closely connects i-doit with Check_MK. A lot of information will be shared between them to reach the following goals:
- Write-once, read-many: Keep your documentation and configuration at one place.
- Easily compare the current state with the target state of all your hosts and services within your documentation.
- Configure your network monitoring based on your documentation
- Let your network monitoring collect essential information about hosts and re-use it in your documentation.
- Automate all the boring tasks a sysadmin doesn’t like.
We know each (IT) organization has different requirements and various processes. Due to this it is important to have a highly customizable application.
- First steps
- Generate WATO configuration based on CMDB data
- Import inventory data into CMDB
- Match objects from i-doit with hosts from Check_MK
- Read information from i-doit and Check_MK
- Import agents types from Check_MK to i-doit
- Sync contact groups between Check_MK and i-doit
- Sync WATO folders between Check_MK and i-doit
- Import monitoring sites from Check_MK to i-doit
- Sync host tags between Check_MK and i-doit
- i-doit Web GUI
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)