In order to guarantee the operation of all functionalities of i-doit, some requirements must be met by the underlying system.
The requirements shown below apply to the current version of i-doit, in this case 1.15. These requirements are adjusted for each major release of i-doit. If the requirements of older versions are needed, the change history of this page can be used.
The following system parameters are the minimum requirements to guarantee i-doit to work with up to around 10,000 objects and up to 10 users working simultaneously.
- 2 vCPUs
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB free disc space
We recommend the use of a dedicated virtual machine. The actual demand for hardware is based on the scope of the IT documentation and the amount of simultaneous users.
- Debian GNU/Linux 10 "buster"
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "bionic", 20.04 LTS "focal fossa"
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15, 15 SP1, 15 SP 2
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019
We recommend the usage of Debian GNU/Linux in 64bit architecture (amd64) in version 10 "buster".
- Apache Web server 2.4
- MariaDB 10.1 (deprecated), 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 (empfohlen), 10.5 oder MySQL 5.6(deprecated), 5.7
- PHP >=7.2.5 (deprecated), 7.3, 7.4 (empfohlen)
- PHP extensions: bcmath, ctype, curl, fileinfo, gd, imagick, json, ldap, mbstring, memcached, mysqli, mysqlnd, pgsql, session, soap, xml, zip
We recommend the usage of Apache Webserver 2.4, PHP 7.4 and MariaDB 10.4.
The following system parameters comprise a configuration reference that is tested and recommended by us and guarantees high performance when used with up to 500,000 objects and a high number of simultaneously working users.
- 2 vCPUs
- 8 GB RAM
- 50 GB free disc space
Debian GNU/Linux 10 "buster" (64bit)
- Apache 2.4.x (default package)
- MariaDB 10.3.x (default package)
- PHP 7.3.x (default package)
Because i-doit is a database application, it intensively uses the hard drive. Since the I/O throughput strongly determines the performance, a fast hard drive is recommended.
The need for disc space can increase with intense usage of file or image storage in i-doit.
The value of 50 GB is solely geared to the maximal size of the database, which can be achieved by full usage, updates and similar operations.
A Web browser is needed on the client side in order to access the Web GUI of i-doit. For each Web browser the current version as well as the version prior to this are supported:
- Mozilla Firefox (including the last ESR version)
- Google Chrome/Chromium
- Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge (disabled compatibility mode)
- Apple Safari