In order to guarantee the operation of all functionalities of i-doit, some requirements must be met by the underlying system.
The requirements shown below apply to the current version of i-doit, in this case 1.18. These requirements are adjusted for each major release of i-doit. If the requirements of older versions are needed, the change history of this page can be used.
The following system parameters are the minimum requirements to guarantee i-doit to work with up to around 10,000 objects and up to 10 users working simultaneously.
- 2 vCPUs
- 2 GB RAM
- 10 GB free disc space
We recommend the use of a dedicated virtual machine. The actual demand for hardware is based on the scope of the IT documentation and the amount of simultaneous users.
- Debian GNU/Linux 10 "buster", 11 "bullseye"
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS "bionic", 20.04 LTS "focal fossa"
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 15, 15 SP1, 15 SP2, 15 SP3
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 7, 8
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016, 2019
We recommend the usage of Debian GNU/Linux in 64bit architecture (amd64) in version 11 "bullseye".
- Apache Web server 2.4
- MariaDB 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 (recommended) or MySQL 5.7. But we highly recommend to use MariaDB instead of MySQL. When version 10.6 is marked as stable we plan to support it in a later release.
- PHP >=7.3, 7.4 (recommended) At the moment, PHP version
8is not supported. We plan the support of PHP
8in a later release.
- PHP extensions: bcmath, ctype, curl, fileinfo, gd, imagick, json, ldap, mbstring, memcached, mysqli, mysqlnd, pgsql, session, soap, xml, zip
We recommend the usage of Apache Webserver 2.4, PHP 7.4 and MariaDB 10.5.
The following system parameters comprise a configuration reference that is tested and recommended by us and guarantees high performance when used with up to 500,000 objects and a high number of simultaneously working users.
- 2 vCPUs
- 8 GB RAM
- 50 GB free disc space
Debian GNU/Linux 10 "buster" (64bit)
- Apache 2.4.x (default package)
- MariaDB 10.3.x (default package)
- PHP 7.3.x (default package)
Because i-doit is a database application, it intensively uses the hard drive. Since the I/O throughput strongly determines the performance, a fast hard drive is recommended.
The need for disc space can increase with intense usage of file or image storage in i-doit.
The value of 50 GB is solely geared to the maximal size of the database, which can be achieved by full usage, updates and similar operations.
A Web browser is needed on the client side in order to access the Web GUI of i-doit. For each Web browser the current version as well as the version prior to this are supported:
- Mozilla Firefox (including the last ESR version)
- Google Chrome/Chromium
- Microsoft Internet Explorer/Edge (disabled compatibility mode)
- Apple Safari