Automated contract term extension#
Was last tested for i-doit version 23
Use-Case: The contract of a client has passed the last termination date and has to be extended. To extend the contract we will use the command
Step 1: Make the contract
In order to extend a contract with the
extend-contracts command, it must meet a few requirements. To achieve this we have to edit the existing contract first.
The required settings can be found in the object view of the desired contract,
Contract → Contract information
Which we subsequently edit:
- Runtime period we set to 1 year.
- End of Contract by we set to Notice of termination.
- Cancellation date remains empty.
- Cancellation period which we set to 1 month and on contract end.
The prerequisites to run the command are as follows:
- Runtime period must be filled in.
- Contract end by must be set to termination
- Cancellation date must be empty
- Cancellation period must be in the past (the same day as today is not possible!)
Step 2: Apply
To be able to apply the
extend-contracts command, we need to go to the Console.
The command should look like this:
If the contract is configured correctly, the Console will show that the contract has been extended by 1 year.
Step 3: Automate#
Since we don't want to run the command by hand every time, we now create a cronjob. First we create a new cronjob:
In this cronjob we add the following code:
1 2 3
With this code, the cronjob will run every day at 6:15 am and will automatically extend the contracts if they meet the requirements. The only important thing is, that the path to the Console is correct and that you use the username and password of the idoit instance.