Release notes 1.19
We're happy to announce our latest major version 1.19 of i-doit pro. This release is a very important step in the development of i-doit. See the changelog for a complete list of changes. We encourage you to update to this release as soon as possible.
Highlights in this release#
- A complete redesign of the i-doit frontend to improve the user experience.
- Added compatibility for PHP 8.0.
- New configuration to create custom translations and custom languages.
- Setting to define a default language for newly created users.
- New configuration to hide attributes from categories and/or overview pages.
- Option to log the last login of a user.
- Export for reports which have been created via query builder.
The New Add-on Versions require i-doit >= 1.19
Alongside i-doit pro 1.19, we will also release new versions of the following add-ons, which need to be updated afterwards to be compatible with PHP 8.0 and the new design:
- API 1.13
- Documents 1.5
- Analysis 1.3
- Floorplan 1.6
- Cabling 1.2
- Relocate CI 1.2
- Replacement 1.4
- Maintenance 1.2
- Events 1.3
- Workflow 1.1
- Checkmk 1.1
- Check_MK 2 1.8
- Nagios 1.1
- Packager 1.2
Important update notes#
With i-doit pro 1.19, PHP 7.3 is no longer supported. Please ensure to upgrade to PHP 7.4 first before updating to i-doit pro 1.19. Do not upgrade to PHP 8.0 as long as you are using i-doit pro < 1.19.
After the update of i-doit pro 1.19, you are free to upgrade PHP to 8.0 which is also highly recommended.
Before activating the feature to log the last login of a user, please check whether this is compatible with the data protection agreements of your company and country. Contact your data privacy expert first if you are not sure about this.
If you want to use the new icons for object types after updating to i-doit pro 1.19, you can activate them manually in your i-doit administration under System tools > Cache / Database.
The following Partner Add-ons need to be updated before the i-doit 1.19 update (If these version requirements are not matched, the i-doit update cannot be performed):
- ISMS needs to be updated to version 1.5.2 or higher
- [VIVA 2](../../i-doit-pro-add-ons/viva2.md needs to be updated to version 3.2.1 or higher
Privacy needs to be updated to version 1.1 or higher
Label needs to be updated to version 0.5 or higher
Disposal needs to be updated to version 1.1.2 or higher
Inheritance needs to be updated to version 1.3.7 or higher
Please check that your system matches the system requirements before updating your instance to i-doit pro 1.19. Please also check that you have created a backup of all your data and all add-ons are up-to-date.