Release notes 1.19
We're happy to announce our latest major version 1.19 of i-doit pro. This release is a very important step in the development of i-doit. See the changelog for a complete list of changes. We encourage you to update to this release as soon as possible.
Highlights in this release#
- A complete redesign of the i-doit frontend to improve the user experience.
- Added compatibility for PHP 8.0.
- New configuration to create custom translations and custom languages.
- Setting to define a default language for newly created users.
- New configuration to hide attributes from categories and/or overview pages.
- Option to log the last login of a user.
- Export for reports which have been created via query builder.
The New Add-on Versions require i-doit >= 1.19
Alongside i-doit pro 1.19, we will also release new versions of the following add-ons, which need to be updated afterwards to be compatible with PHP 8.0 and the new design:
- API 1.13
- Documents 1.5
- Analysis 1.3
- Floorplan 1.6
- Cabling 1.2
- Relocate CI 1.2
- Replacement 1.4
- Maintenance 1.2
- Events 1.3
- Workflow 1.1
- Checkmk 1.1
- Check_MK 2 1.8
- Nagios 1.1
- Packager 1.2
Important update notes#
- With i-doit pro 1.19, PHP 7.3 is no longer supported. Please ensure to upgrade to PHP 7.4 first before updating to i-doit pro 1.19. Do not upgrade to PHP 8.0 as long as you are using i-doit pro < 1.19.
- After the update of i-doit pro 1.19, you are free to upgrade PHP to 8.0 which is also highly recommended.
- Before activating the feature to log the last login of a user, please check whether this is compatible with the data protection agreements of your company and country. Contact your data privacy expert first if you are not sure about this.
- If you want to use the new icons for object types after updating to i-doit pro 1.19, you can activate them manually in your i-doit administration under System tools > Cache / Database.
- The following Partner Add-ons need to be updated before the i-doit 1.19 update (If these version requirements are not matched, the i-doit update cannot be performed):
- ISMS needs to be updated to version 1.5.2 or higher
- VIVA 2 needs to be updated to version 3.2.1 or higher
- Privacy needs to be updated to version 1.1 or higher
- Label needs to be updated to version 0.5 or higher
- Disposal needs to be updated to version 1.1.2 or higher
- Inheritance needs to be updated to version 1.3.7 or higher
Please check that your system matches the system requirements before updating your instance to i-doit pro 1.19. Please also check that you have created a backup of all your data and all add-ons are up-to-date.